2140: A.S. Degree in Nursing - Paramedic to Associate Degree Nursing Bridge (60 Credit Hours)
FL CIP: 1351380100
This is a limited-access program. Please consult CF.edu/LimitedAccess for information on limited-access programs.
The bridge option is designed to build upon the paramedic’s education for career mobility to Associate Degree Nursing. The program prepares graduates to provide nursing care to individuals and groups with commonly occurring health problems in institutional and community settings. Upon completion of the program, graduates are eligible to apply for licensure including taking the NCLEX-RN to become registered nurses. The program is approved by the Florida Board of Nursing and accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc., 3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400, Atlanta, Georgia 30326, telephone 404-975-5000.
The Associate in Science Degree Nursing Paramedic-ADN Bridge Option is a limited-access program.
A limited-access program is one in which both program admission and course registration are restricted to a certain number of students meeting predetermined criteria. Limited access status is justified when student demand exceeds available resources or accreditation requirements (i.e., student/faculty ratios, instructional facilities and equipment, clinical sites) or the nature of the program calls for specific admission requirements. Limited-access programs have admissions processes and criteria beyond general college admissions. While any student meeting the minimum criteria is encouraged to apply, not all applicants may be accepted.
Criteria for Application
- Be admitted to CF in good standing.
- Completion of online information session.
- At the time the bridge application is submitted, the student must have completed or be currently enrolled in the last of the prerequisite courses required for the program.
- Minimum 2.0 college GPA and minimum 2.5 GPA for nursing curriculum courses.
- Placement testing, including the TEAS - RN.
- Preference is given to residents of the CF service area: Marion, Citrus and Levy county.
- Current Florida State or National Registry Paramedic certificate.
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Health Care Provider certification.
Additional Criteria Apply Once Admitted to the Program:
- Criminal background check.
- ADN online orientation.
- Nursing orientation.
- Physical Examination Form, Current Immunization Form, Personal History Form and minimum 10 Panel Drug Screening.
- Professional liability insurance, retained by the college and included in tuition and fees.
Application directions are explained in the required online information session. Go to CF.edu/LimitedAccess for additional information.
The program policies, including attendance, grading, progression, clinical behaviors and readmission guidelines, are found in the student handbook that each student obtains upon beginning the ADN program.
The Economic Security Report provides students, parents, and others with employment, earnings, and other outcome information on graduates of Florida’s public institutions of higher education, e.g., State University System, Florida College System, and District Technical Centers. To view the report, please go to https://pr.cf.edu/files/community/economic-security-report.pdf.