B205: Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing
CIP: 51.3801 (track 2 of 2)
FL CIP: 1105138012
This is a limited access program. Please consult CF.edu/LimitedAccess for information on limited access programs.
The Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing program is an articulated, generalist nursing degree which allows associate degree registered nurses to advance their education to meet the demand in the community for BSN prepared nurses, and support job promotions and entry into graduate nursing programs. The program contributes to meeting the Institute for Medicine’s call for 80 percent of nursing staffs to be BSN prepared by 2020. Nurses will prepare for advanced clinical positions and for nursing faculty positions, meeting additional needs for nurses in primary care and as nursing program faculty educating new nurses.
The College of Central Florida is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, SACSCOC. The College of Central Florida’s RN-BSN program is accreditation by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, ACEN, 3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400, Atlanta, GA 30326, 404-975-5000.
Full- and part-time options are available. Florida RN unencumbered license must be attained prior to second semester of upper division nursing courses. Application directions are explained in the required online information session. Go to CF.edu/Health.
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing is a limited access program. A limited access program is one in which both program admission and course registration are restricted to a certain number of students meeting predetermined criteria. Limited access status is justified when student demand exceeds available resources or accreditation requirements (i.e., student/faculty ratios, instructional facilities and equipment, clinical sites) or the nature of the program calls for specific admission requirements. Limited access programs have admissions processes and criteria beyond general college admissions. While any student meeting the minimum criteria is encouraged to apply, not all applicants may be accepted.
This program is eligible for federal and state financial aid. Contact the Financial Aid Office for further information about your individual eligibility.
Criteria for Application
- Be admitted to CF in good standing.
- 2.0 college GPA.
- 2.5 GPA or higher in general education and lower division courses specific to the nursing programs as well as the courses with the NUR prefix.
- All general education and lower division course requirements must be completed, or currently enrolled in, to have conditional acceptance. Applications can be submitted during the application period if currently enrolled in general education or lower division courses, but all must be completed with a grade of “C” or higher in order to have final acceptance to the program.
- Submit RN to BSN program application with a copy of an active unencumbered Florida RN license. Recent ADN graduates must attain an active, unencumbered Florida RN license prior to second semester of upper division nursing courses.
- CF service area: Marion, Citrus and Levy county applicants will have priority seating.
- A criminal background check and physical examination are required once a student is accepted into the program.