7298: Career and Technical Certificate (770 Clock Hours)
FL CIP: 0743010700
This program is designed for students who seek certification as law enforcement officers. Graduates will be eligible to sit for the state’s certification examination. The program is certified by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission, P.O. Box 1489, Tallahassee, FL 32302-1489, telephone 850-410-8600.
Please consult CF.edu/PublicService for updated information regarding this program.
This program is eligible for federal and state financial aid. Contact the Financial Aid Office for further information about your individual eligibility.
Note: Chapter 790.23 F.S. prohibits the possession of a firearm or ammunition by a person who as a juvenile was found to have committed a delinquent act that would be a felony if committed by an adult until the person is 24 years of age. This would require the applicant to wait until they are 24 to attend the basic recruit training.
To apply for admission into the Corrections Officer or Law Enforcement Officer certificate program, each applicant must:
- be at least 19 years of age prior to completing the program
- be a citizen of the United States
- possess a high school diploma or GED
- not have been convicted of any felony or of a misdemeanor involving perjury or false statement
- not have been discharged dishonorably from the military (if applicable)
- be of good moral character
- pass a background investigation
- pass the Physical Abilities Test/Course (PAC) within six months of the start of class
- pass a physical examination by a licensed physician (M.D. or D.O.) or physician’s assistant within six months of the start of class
- be in good academic standing at College of Central Florida
- pass the Law Enforcement version of the Florida Basic Abilities Test, LEBAT
In addition, the applicant must submit:
- a copy of scores on the LEBAT for Law Enforcement which must be less than two years old from the start of class
- a completed/signed College of Central Florida Criminal Justice Institute Applicant Questionnaire
Note: All the above information must be submitted as a package.
Admission to the program will be based on:
- review of package
- completed questionnaire
- medical examination
- background investigation
- Physical Abilities Test/Course, PAC